Before Intravenous Sedation Anesthesia
Kokomo Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery | Kokomo IN
Call us if you have concerns: Kokomo Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Phone Number 765-453-5444.
- Click here to view or print our Pre-op Instructions
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including gum, candy, mints, and water) past midnight the night prior to the appointment.
- No smoking for at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following anesthesia.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with short sleeves, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses should not be worn on the day of surgery.
- Jewelry and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick or excessive makeup on the day of surgery.
- Do not wear nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with our office prior to your surgical date for instructions.